Sunday, May 5, 2013

Welcome to My Recipe Blog

Welcome to my recipe blog. I'm Carolyn McFann, busy owner of Two Purring Cats Clothing & Gifts and certified major sweet-tooth.

Though I am usually working in my office, I take time to try intriguing recipes when I run across them, usually giving away my creations to friends and family. I've been baking since I was very young, as my mom is an incredible cook and I liked to help her here and there. Wish I had her cooking talent, she's amazing. She used to watch every Julia Child episode and cook pretty much everything she ever made. Her cookbook collection is very impressive..and she uses all of them!

I make breads, desserts and breakfast items mostly but occasionally launch into cooking dinner recipes (being divorced, cooking fancy meals isn't necessary anymore.. the microwave is my friend, when it comes to dinner ;)I'm pretty good at making things like yeast breads, pies and cakes, mainly. In college I used to be called "Betty Crocker" in the dorm, from making occasional batches of homemade apple strudel. I won a baking contest long ago with a coffee cake recipe, that's about it in terms of my experience. I'm no chef but enjoy tinkering with recipes to customize them.

Here is a mix of some recipes I've found and liked on the internet.



When I go to Presti's Italian Bakery in Little Italy (Cleveland), I get cannolis, a rich treat of pastry shells with an amazing ricotta cheese filling, and dipped in miniature chocolate chips. A Sicilian ex-boyfriend of mine introduced me to them years ago, and I was hooked! Here are a few recipes that are sure to please all who love these lovely pastries.

Cannoli Cake Roll

Cannoli Cake

Cannoli

Strawberries with Cannoli Cream

No comments:

Post a Comment